We returned to Wilson's Dance Studio in Pittsburg, CA this past weekend to shoot an interview with owner Hannah Wilson. We were joined by our friend and fellow filmmaker Joel Tejada as a camera operator and lights were again provided by FloLight representative Kyle Black. Everything went smooth and we couldn't have asked for a better shoot.
• Actress Noemi Lopez, who was cast as "Tía," stopped by recently to record voiceovers for the teaser trailer.
• Trailer premiere announcement coming soon!
• We will be relaunching fundraising efforts in the near future to finish the film.
• I wrote Super Gabby as a short but the production team and I agreed that the story works better for a feature length film instead. I am currently outlining the feature film screenplay version.
Pictoclik Showcase: Latinas in Cinema – San Francisco
I am a major proponent of women in front and behind the camera – especially women of color – so I am very excited about this event.
Event date: Sunday, July 10, 2016
Mark your calendar and/or submit your film(s)!
• Accepting submissions from January 1st, 2015-May 15th, 2016.
• Film should have a minimum length of 4 minutes; not to exceed 30 minutes.
• Film can be any genre.
• Must have one Latina in a leading role on screen or one Latina behind the scenes in a key role to be accepted.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Hard copies can also be mailed to: Pictoclik, Attention: Rebekah Renne 77 Van Ness Ave #101-1913 San Francisco, CA 94102
• Cost to submit is $5
Awards & Prizes (If Selected)
• The top six to eight films (decided by team of industry professionals) will be screened at a theater in San Francisco during a one day event.
• If film is selected to screen at the Pictoclik Film Festival, the filmmaker that submitted the film will receive two complimentary tickets to the screening.*
*Does not include airfare, lodging or transportation. Two tickets to the event only.
Hope to see you there!
Follow us on Instagram!
Thanks for checking us out and keeping up with us!
Hasta la próxima,